Denver in 36 Hours
I was just in Denver for my brothers wedding and each time I visit I fall more in love with the city. Denver has such a relaxed vibe but also has so many things going on that I am surprised at all the activities available to visitors.
36 hours in Denver......Check out....
1. Union Station - always a must stop for a drink or dinner. My favorite restaurant is Mercantile. Make sure to reserve a table for dinner as it has always been full when I have been there. On the weekends they have a farmers market in the front of the building where you can buy locally grown goodies.
2. Larimer's Square - a definite go to for a late night drink to see the nightlife of Denver. This square has amazing small boutiques for unique finds and also a great bar scene. If you like mexican food check out Tamayo.
3. Cherry Creek - this beautiful neighborhood is a little more on the high end side and has decor shops, art galleries, and boutique shopping. Stop for a crepe at Crepe n Crepes and sit on their patio. It also has health conscience restaurants that are always bustling. If you need your big department store fix as well, Nordstrom's is right around the corner.
4. Off road in the mountains. This is really what locals are all about. The city gets so hot that they all spend their weekends in the mountains as it's 10 degrees cooler there. If you want an adventure you can take your car all the way up Argentine Pass. There are multiple routes so if you rent a jeep you can off road on roads that are definitely going to give you a little scare. The view is worth it though and it is fun to hang with locals on the top.
5. Mister Tuna - this restaurant is a bit of a drive from downtown but worth the visit. It has an amazing patio so if the weather is warm make sure to request a table outside. Stay for dinner and then drinks as it's one of the top restaurants in the city at the moment.
6. Museum of Art - if you like to check out architecture in the different cities you visit then this one is a must see. the building is beautiful and quite a structure. Enjoy some art and scenes for an afternoon at the museum.